Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sock Monkey Nursery Room Decor

Over the years I've seen a variety of nursery room décor themes and trends come and go. One of the more recent trends that I really enjoy is the Sock Monkey theme.

I love the retro feel of this nursery room theme and I'm sure this fondness stems from the fact that I actually had a sock monkey that was a part of my stuffed animal collection. I can't recall how it ever came into my possession, but I know it was one of my favorites. Once I went off to college my mom probably stuck it in a bag with all of my other stuffed 'toys' and put it in the attic and it was never seen again. Oh well...we all must grow up at some point, right?

Regardless, I'm sure the reason I have such an attachment to the sock monkey theme is because of my personal history.

A few years ago I had a customer request a few room décor items with sock monkeys on them. I was somewhat surprised to learn of the trend coming up on the horizon, but I was more than happy to figure out what I could create for her new baby's nursery. One of my favorite items that I created for her was this stretched canvas wall art...

Since that first sock monkey order I've had quite a few customers request the same theme. Here are a few more of my sock monkey creations...

A sock monkey growth chart for a little boy...

And here's a sock monkey growth chart for a little girl...

And, as can be expected, I've created sock monkey themed name signs, too...

So room décor trends come and go. I'm sure someday soon there will be another theme that will take hold and sock monkeys will not be nearly as popular. But I will always hold sock monkeys near and dear to my heart!

Okay, I better get a move on...lots of work in front of me today! More fun to come very soon. Until then,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...