Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chevron Print Decor - A Popular Pattern

As you might suspect I spend quite a bit of time online working with social networking sites that are heavy on images such as Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and more. Over the past several months I noticed a design pattern that was trending--the Chevron print. I loved it right away but wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to reproduce it in my work since everything I create is hand painted. There are so many lines--and straight lines at that! I never thought it could be reproduced by my hand so I decided I would simply enjoy this print pattern and let go of any idea of ever painting it.

Then, as we all know, the universe unfolds in it's own mysterious way. A few weeks ago I had a customer place an order requesting I use this Chevron print on a name sign for a baby girl's nursery. I was excited at the idea, but then immediately I became nervous because I couldn't imagine how I'd be able to recreate the pattern and keep my lines straight and keep the final sign looking clean and neat.

However, after some thought I figured out how I could do it. I found a pattern online...there are so many from which to choose...

I resized it so the pattern would work well on the size sign I have. (I didn't want to make a pattern that was really small on a larger piece of wood--that would be very tedious and hard to paint.) Then I cut along the lines, traced the edge of the print onto the piece of wood...

Next I painted it...

And voila! Here's the finished Chevron Print Room Decor Sign!

I am very please with how it turned out and it wasn't hard at all!

OMG!! I love what I do!!

Okay...I have lots to do so I best be going! More fun coming soon. Until then,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...