Friday, March 21, 2008

Take a look...

I purchased one of these Wire Card Holders last fall from an online craft show.

Here's a photo...well...part of a photo...of mine with our holiday cards displayed...



I wish I had a better photo to show you, but with the holiday season being so crazy I never got a chance to take a picture of it. Regardless, I got lots of compliments on the card holder over the holidays...everyone thought it was a great idea and a nice way to display all of the cards we received.

Then the holidays were over and it was time to take down the decorations. But I liked the design of the wire so much that I decided to keep it hanging without anything attached to it.

Here's a photo of how it looks now...



You'll notice that on the Wire Home Decor website they have it displayed straight. But I bent mine into an 's' curve to fit it better on my wall. But it really doesn't matter...I think it looks great both ways. And even now with no cards or photos displayed I still get so many compliments on it! Friends and family see it and comment on it all the time! It's an interesting piece of artwork and a great conversation piece.

And the other thing that I love about it--as with so many of the items I use to decorate my house--it's unique, hand crafted and one of a kind. You can't run to Walmart and find one there. They aren't mass produced over in China by some slave who was paid pennies for their hard work.

One of the things about me...and I've always been this way...the items that I use to decorate my home have meaning to me. I don't like to hang anything on my walls unless there's a story behind it.

I know that might sound strange, but I've always been that way.

Years ago when were were still living in our first home I had a friend over and she complimented me on how nice our house was decorated. She said that it had 'character'. I never forgot that comment--it meant a lot to me. And as I look around my house today I see lots of 'stories' hanging on the walls...paintings that my husband's grandmother painted, a few paintings of my own, items that I bought locally and online from other talented artists, and so on.

So click on over to Wire Card Holders and see the creative items they offer. Now that I think about it I really like the Wire Heart Photo Holders, too! My husband is always telling me he wants to display our kids school pictures on his office desk so these might be exactly what he needs!

Until next time...

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...