Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Work in Progress (WIP)

This week I have a few orders to work on one of which is for a Butterfly Shaped Wood Sign.

I always have fun with this sign. It's a bit of work because I have to cut the butterfly shape with my jig saw. I wish I had a scroll saw and it wouldn't be so hard to cut. But that's something maybe I can buy someday soon.

Meanwhile after I get the wood cut I sand and prime it. Then I begin with the background of the design:

Next I paint the face...I like this part...it's fun to give a blank piece of wood some personality...

Today I'll be working on the details and the lettering--the customer is having her daughter's name painted on it. I'll post another picture later.

More fun on the way...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...